Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pilot Training = Parties

So I’ve come to the conclusion that pilot training = parties.  I haven’t even started UPT and already it seems as if every weekend there is another party.  For all of you responsible parental types out there, do not fear, in the past two weekends that I’ve been home, I was the DD last week for my “older brother” Mychol’s track select and I was DD for Caleb’s party last night.  I’ve found that though it is fun to drink and have a great time with my friends, I also like being the responsible one and making sure everyone else is taken care of.  Plus it’s nice for Greg and I because we usually decide who is drinking that night and who is staying sober and then we always know that we’ll be able to get back home and get our friends safety back home as well! Caleb’s party last night was especially cool though because we used the beer pong table that Greg has been designing/working on for the last two months. It turned out really really cool and everyone seemed to really like it. Below is the design sketch that Greg drew and is how the table looks as well as an awesome picture of me and Kris in his lederhosen costume!

The bottom quote reads
"To Most People The Sky Is The Limit, To A Pilot The Sky Is Home"

Me and My German Friend Kris!

As for an update as to when I will actually start UPT. The word right now is that I’ll be in 13-05 which starts in the end of January.  There was talk about me moving into December’s class but ASPC is trying to cut down on class sizes so it looks like I’ll stay slotted for January. So that means that I’ve got time to hit the books early.  I’m following 12-02 in their academics so I’ll be prepared when I enter those first couple of fun months in a classroom, and I’ve also started to look at some of the pubs for the T-6 so that I’ll be prepared when we actually hit the flightline and start to fly.  I’m just excited about finally starting and getting to do what I love everyday as a career, how sweet is that!?

No comments:

Post a Comment