Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Beginning

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” – Dr. Seuss

It has almost been 2 months since Greg and I have moved to Vance AFB in good ol’ Enid America!  And so far we have settled into our new home and have even made an addition to our small little family, a Lab/Terrier mix puppy named Tazer, whom we adopted from the local SPCA that we volunteer at.  
Tazer at almost 3 months old

I head out tomorrow to Colorado to start the journey of what will be the first of my active duty Air Force flying in my career.  There are defiantly mixed feelings about finally kicking off my flying career. I understand that it will be a lot of work and I do/will not take that lightly, however it is amazing to think that I’m actually finally doing something that I have dreamed about doing since I was a little girl.  I just wish my Dad were around to see this and to talk to about Pilot Training.  But I am grateful for the many mentors / supporters that I have in my life, and it is for you that I created this blog; to keep you updated on the next chapter of my life, as well as to allow you to follow me through this incredible journey.    

1 comment:

  1. Tazer is adorable!:)Oh and I'm excited to be able to read your blog all about flying in the Air Force!

    ReplyDelete